|"It's a good old-fashioned space race! When you fly through the pink rings, you'll get a super speed boost."|
|Hold the Wii Remote sideways, and use the D-Pad to control your direction. Press 2 quickly to fly!|
Miis fly into the track. Minigame countdown begins.
The objective of this mini-game is to be the first to finish a race. Players race in a figure 8 track three times to win. Pink rings appear and disappear on the track. If a player comes in contact with them, they get a speed boost.
- The world record for Cosmic Capers (Space Race) is 18.2 seconds, held by Multidanielmusic and Kevin7017.
- In Battle Mode, the camera zooms up to the Mii who finished first, and he or she will smile.
- The Mii also does a victory animation similar to Space Brawl.
- This, Space Brawl and Lucky Launch (when launching) have the same music.
- Part of the music has a slight remix to Gusty Garden Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy.
- Out of those three, Cosmic Capers and Space Brawl both have to do with space.